Inji is a member of Shahid Law’s International Business and Dispute Resolution teams. She maintains a broad International commercial practice, having handled cases under various institutional rules, including the ICC, ICSID, UNCITRAL and CRCICA. In addition to her dispute resolution practice, Inji advises clients on Intellectual property and energy matters.
Inji has published extensively on different areas of Egyptian and international law. She is also a member of the Egyptian Bar Association, and is a CEDR accredited mediator.
Inji holds an LL.B. from Cairo University, French section; an LL.M. in public international law from Leiden University and a Masters 1 in International Business Law. She also completed a Summer Program on Private International Law at The Hague Academy of International Law.
- Advised the Egyptian Electricity Holding Company (EEHC) in the context of the new electricity law for the Electricity Utilities Financial Management and Governance Project.
Dispute Resolution Experience
- Advised a major Korean industrial and construction company in the context of a number of procedural orders in preparation for a multi-million-dollar ICC arbitration against a port development company and its foreign shareholders.
- Acted as co-counsel for East Mediterranean Gas and a number of its shareholders in major international oil & gas disputes against the Arab Republic of Egypt and various State entities (ICSID Case No. ARB/12/11; ICC Case No. 18215/GZ/MHM; CRCICA Case No. 829/2012 and PCA Case No. 2012-26).
- Represented a major international auto manufacturing company against its Egyptian distributor/dealer in a multi-million-dollar CRCICA arbitration (CRCICA Case No. 856/2012).
- Acted for a foreign investor in a multi-million dollar dispute under CRCICA rules in relation to a shares purchase agreement.
- Acted for a Kuwaiti businessman in a billion dollar dispute under UAE Law and ICC rules for the division of assets.
- “The new decision by the Court of Cassation adding another stir to the ongoing controversy in relation to the requirement of the minister’s approval to arbitration for administrative contracts” in, Journal of Arab Arbitration (2015) (with Girgis Abd El-Shahid)
- “The Riyadh Agreement, a Step Forward or a Step Backwards?” in, Journal of Arab Arbitration, (2014) (with Girgis Abd El-Shahid)
- “Principles of CRCICA Awards” in, Journal of Arab Arbitration (2013)
- “Principles adopted in Arbitral Awards rendered under the auspices of CRCICA” in, Journal of Arab Arbitration (2012)
- “Principles adopted in recent decisions rendered by the Egyptian Judiciary” in, Journal of Arab Arbitration (2012)
- “The New Arbitration Law in France: An overview of the main changes” in, Journal of Arab Arbitration (2011)
- “Principles adopted in Arbitral Awards rendered under the auspices of CRCICA” in, Journal of Arab Arbitration (2011)
Short Articles and Blog Posts
- In Egypt, Broadcasting Football is a Question of Sovereignty … for Now!; Asser Institute International Sports Law Blog (with Tarek Badawy and Nadim Magdy)