Sameh specializes in civil and commercial litigation, commercial contracts, and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards.
Throughout his career, Sameh has rendered legal advice for a number of corporations in various industries such as media and IT, technology and IP, construction and real estate, leisure and tourism, insurance, and pharmaceuticals – including scientific offices. Work Sameh has been rendering to said clients includes acting for them in disputes – be it arbitration or litigation – across Egypt, providing legal advice with regard to different matters concerning their conduct of business, in addition to drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements.
Sameh has drafted over 500 contracts in different matters including: real estate, IP, automotive, and share purchase, sale and transfer; and has substantial experience with commercial contracts and especially franchise, distribution and supply.
Sameh received an LL.B. and an LL.M. in Private Law and International Trade Law from Ain Shams University.
- Conducted a number of administrative investigations for administration and staff for a number of corporations in the pharma and foodstuffs industries.
- Advised Facebook and Yahoo! on matters of censorship and content licensing under Egyptian legislation.
Dispute Resolution Experience
- Represented two major regional media companies in a multi-million-dollar multi-party dispute involving litigation and arbitration under UAE law concerning breaches of a number of licensing and broadcasting agreements (CRCICA Case No. 1012/2014).
- Acted for Waterworks, a global environmental engineering company specializing in water treatment, against an Egyptian oil company in multi-million-pound dispute involving the construction of a water treatment facility and breaches of a build-own-operate contract (CRCICA Case No. 983/2014).
- Acted for a regional records company in a number of disputes before various courts and other competent authorities concerning rights to ownership, as well as dealings with artists within the context of exclusivity agreements.
- Represented Alam El-Fan – a major Egyptian production company – in over twenty cases against heirs and successors of Egyptian artists, in relation to rights of ownership of heritage of the deceased artists, totaling multi-million Egyptian pounds. Matters of contestation included music records and motion pictures. And the cases were adjudicated before different levels of Egyptian courts, including the Court of Cassation.
- Represented a global insurance provider in a dispute against the Egyptian Tax Authority, and successfully obtained a final judgment in favor of the client confirming that the Tax Authority is not entitled to levy a stamp duty on capitalization contracts. The judgment has since become an established tax principle that is applicable industry-wide.