Salma is a member of the International Business and Dispute Resolution teams of Shahid Law Firm. She specializes in dispute settlement, broad commercial practice, with an emphasis on pharmaceuticals and financial services.
Salma holds an LL.B. from Ain Shams University, is qualified to practice law in Egypt and handles cases in Arabic, English and German.
- Acted for an international development bank in its multi-million-dollar financing transaction of an infrastructure developer operating under Egypt’s special economic zones legislation.
- Advised Ferro Corporation in the acquisition of the Egyptian tile coatings manufacturer on a cash-free and debt-free basis, in a deal valued at approximately US$ 39 million in cash, subject to working capital and other customary adjustments.
- Represented two major regional media companies in a multi-million-dollar multi-party dispute involving litigation and arbitration under UAE law concerning breaches of a number of licensing and broadcasting agreements (CRCICA Case No. 1012/2014).
- “Investment Treaty Arbitration”, Getting the Deal Through (2016) (with Girgis Abd El-Shahid and César R. Ternieden)
- “Shahid Law Firm Legislative Update: Employee Profit Sharing Provision under Egyptian Investment Law”, Africa House – CMS-CMCK (online ed. Sept. 2015).( with Girgis Abd El-Shahid and César R. Ternieden)