Rasha is a member of the Employment Regulatory Group at Shahid Law Firm since 2007. She specializes in Egyptian labor and social insurance legislation in relation to commercial entities operating in Egypt.
Her experience includes advising corporates on various Egyptian labor matters in relation to their employees, drafting employment contracts, reviewing and advising on work policies and procedures, heading the negotiation team with the clients’ employees with respect to lay off(s), responding to day-to-day HR legal queries, obtaining exceptional approvals from the Ministry of Manpower regarding Expats’ work permits, constant communication with the governmental authorities in relation to various labor related matters and settling the commercial entities’ past dues for the Social Insurance Authority.
Rasha holds an LL.B. from Ain Shams University.
- Represented IEOC, a subsidiary of ENI, in the arbitration case filed by its employees on the grounds of laws and regulations applicable to employees’ profit-sharing schemes in general and in the oil and gas field in particular and filing challenges before the Egyptian Constitutional Court.
- Advised AbbVie on employment investigation matters under employment law, and conducting investigations.
- Provided AstraZeneca with a comprehensive overview of the Egyptian Labor Law.
- Drafted employment contracts for Scatec Solar and providing legal advice on various labor matters.
- Advised Nokia on employee secondment under Egyptian law.
- Represented Ariston and SWR on day-to-day employment matters including drafting of employment contracts, executing staff members’ termination and handling social insurance matters.
- Represented Yahoo! in the amicable termination of 110 employees’ employment contracts as part of Yahoo!’s ceasing its activities in Egypt.
- Obtained an exceptional approval for the 9:1 rule for 300 expats for ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions.
- Assisted Sonesta with employment and labor matters with respect to hotels and resorts managed by it in Egypt.
- Drafted semi-annual statistical reports for ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions Egypt S.A.E. and ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions AG in relation to health and safety compliance