Nadim is a member in Shahid Law Firm’s Corporate and Energy teams. Nadim’s experience includes advising on the development and acquisition of energy and infrastructure projects in Egypt. He also works on labor matters, and is regularly involved in drafting and reviewing articles of incorporation, by-laws and commercial contracts, setting up companies and branch offices in Egypt, organizing board and shareholders’ meetings, drafting minutes and handling corporate secretarial work, conducting legal due diligence and participating in the reports’ drafting, as well as conducting legal research on various legal matters.
Nadim holds an LL.B. from Pharos University in Alexandria, Egypt.
- Acted for a number of international developers including Abengoa Solar, Access Power, Acciona, Canadian Solar, Desert Technologies, EDF Énergies Nouvelles, Engie (formerly GDF Suez), Gestamp Solar, Martifer, Neoen, Scatec Solar and SunEdison in their participation in Egypt’s first PV and wind feed-in tariff programme.
- Advised Ferro Corporation on the acquisition of the Egyptian tile coatings manufacturer on a cash-free and debt-free basis, in a deal valued at approximately US$ 39 million in cash, subject to working capital and other customary adjustments.
- Represented a Cairo-based technology company owning the Yaoota.com website in a capital increase and quota purchase transaction and in landing a USD 2.7 million Series A round with a leading Middle East investment group.
- Representing a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in its contemplated acquisition of a local company in a deal valued at between USD 50 million to USD 70 million.
- Assisted clients in drafting and reviewing lease contracts for a number of leading companies such as Microsoft with respect to the relocation of their premises in Egypt, Jamjoom Pharma, Takeda in the context of establishing and relocating their subsidiaries in Egypt. Also in this regard, Shahid Law Firm has recently reviewed contracts for Microsoft ; and assisted Roche Diagnostics, Takeda, and Motorola with the registration of contracts concerning their property.