Mohamed has been a member of Shahid Law Firm’s International Business and Dispute Resolution teams since 2014.
In addition to his dispute resolution practice, Mohamed advises clients on transactional and corporate matters, notably in the oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, insurance and financial services, transportation and telecommunication services. He is involved in the drafting of legal due diligence reports, conducting wide corporate research and reviewing and assessing a variety of corporate documents, as well as providing regular advice on the incorporation of different types of companies.
Mohamed is a member of the Egyptian Bar Association, and holds degrees in French and International European Law (English and Common Law) and Egyptian Law from Paris I-Panthéon Sorbonne University, Paris V-René Descartes University and Cairo University respectively.
- Represented a Chinese manufacturer of blankets before the Egyptian Anti-Dumping, Subsidy and Safeguard Department.
- Acted for an international development bank in its multi-million-dollar financing transaction of an infrastructure developer operating under Egypt’s special economic zones legislation.
- Counseled a global oil & gas company on matters relating to the importation of LNG into Egypt.
- Represented a major five star hotel chain before the Public Prosecutor with respect to an accident of a child drowning in the hotel’s swimming pool.
- Advised two major telecommunication companies on the available options to provide VoIP applications services and online payment gateways services within Egypt.
- Advised an international manufacturer of machines and ceramic tile plants on the variety of options regarding creditors’ commercial securities.
- Acted for Waterworks, a global environmental engineering company specializing in water treatment, against an Egyptian oil company in multi-million-pound dispute involving the construction of a water treatment facility and breaches of a build-own-operate contract (CRCICA Case No. 983/2014).
- Represented two major regional media companies in a multi-million-dollar multi-party dispute involving litigation and arbitration under UAE law concerning breaches of a number of licensing and broadcasting agreements (CRCICA Case No. 1012/2014).
- Acted as co-counsel for East Mediterranean Gas and a number of its shareholders in major international oil & gas disputes against the Arab Republic of Egypt and various State entities (ICSID Case No. ARB/12/11; ICC Case No. 18215/GZ/MHM; CRCICA Case No. 829/2012 and PCA Case No. 2012-26).
- Represented a major international auto manufacturing company against its Egyptian distributor/dealer in a multi-million-dollar CRCICA arbitration (CRCICA Case No. 856/2012).