Michael is a partner in Shahid Law Firm leading the corporate practice group.
Michael possesses 11 years of experience general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, employment and liquidations.
He also concentrates on anti-trust, intellectual property, commercial, tax and capital markets. His transactional work focuses on initial public offerings, private placements, mergers and acquisitions and major projects. He regularly acts as the lead lawyer in deals he is involved in and has experience advising leading multinational companies execute large cross-border transactions.
Additionally, Michael has taught corporate law at the French University in Egypt during 2016.
Michael holds a PhD from Savoie University in “E-commerce and consumer protection” granted by the Grenoble Ecole Doctoral (France); a Master of International and European Business Law Degrees (L.L.M) from the University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne; a Maîtrise in Business Law from the University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne and the Cairo University; and an LL.B. from Cairo University.
- Advising on the establishment of a multi-tier structure for multinational organizations in several fields to achieve importation of finished products in the country.
- Representing one of the largest manufacturing entities in the world in termination of its commercial agent in the country.
- A multi-million capital increase of one of the largest ammonia and urea manufacturers in the country.
- Representing a vast number of multinational and local companies in drafting and negotiating different commercial agreements (shareholder’s agreements, joint ventures, commercial agency, distribution, etc.).
- Establishing joint stock companies and limited liability companies for major international companies operating in the field of IT, business intelligence solutions, storage, engineering, and media.
- Acting for a major IT company in reviewing agreements and documents and ongoing corporate assignments.
- Assisting in the IPO of a number of companies in Egypt.
- Representing a major company in the merger with a petroleum company for a total consideration of more than US$ 2 million
- Representing one of the biggest real estate companies in Egypt in a private placement process.
- Representing one of the largest real estate companies in Egypt in the acquisition of a majority share of one of the biggest companies in the country.