Shahid Law Firm’s Anti-Trust, Anti-Corruption and Compliance team provides clients with a wide range of services, including advising on regulatory compliance and conducting anti-corruption audits. Our team also advises clients on a number of competition issues across a variety of jurisdictions, including cartels, abuse of dominance and merger control filings.
Matters we advise on include:
- Competition-related issues in the context of M&A filings; Risk minimization through advising on optimal business structures in the context of transactions;
- Corporate governance and Liability issues;
- Effective means of conducting anti-corruption investigations following allegations of bribery and other financial crimes; and
- Litigation and settlement negotiations.
In connection with our services relating to corporate restructuring, M&As and capital measures, we provide extensive and comprehensive advice on anti-trust and competition matters, whether domestic before the Egyptian Competition Authority (ECA), or regional (COMESA).
Shahid Law Firm’s experience includes:
- Conducting compliance audit on the legal department of one of the largest Egyptian banks. The scope of work included reviewing contracts used by the bank, reviewing all legal cases to which the bank is a party, and reviewing and opining on the facility arrangements granted by the bank (or to which the bank is bank is a party or a member in syndication) in the amount of US$ 50 million and higher;
- Drafting an anti-corruption compliance report on the practices of a technology company in preparation for an extension of a loan by a global data storage company;
- Advising Ferro Corporation on filing before the ECA following the acquisition of the Egyptian tile coatings manufacturer;
- Advising and supervising an ECA post-merger filing for a global food-processing and commodities-trading corporation in its acquisition of an Egyptian food-processing, warehousing and commodities-trading company;
- Advising leading pharmaceutical companies on various matters relating to competition, anti-corruption, and privacy under Egyptian law;
- Advising a client within the context of a major global M&A deal, and whether or not to file before the ECA;
- Drafting opinions on anti-corruption legislation under Egyptian law for a number of pharmaceutical companies (AbbVie, Eli Lilly, GSK and RoDiagnostics) in relation to the practices of their sales representatives and dealing with public hospitals;
- Providing advice and critical crisis guidance on the corporate corrupt practice provisions under the recently amended Egyptian Investment Law;
- Assisting multiple international clients with their review and investigation of Egyptian affiliates with respect to their compliance with FCPA and anti-corruption rules;
- Participating in anti-corruption audits of Egyptian distributors of global pharmaceutical companies;
- Representing Ariston and Südwestrundfunk on handling social insurance investigations and submissions;
- Advising AbbVie on employment investigation matters under employment law, and conducting investigations; and
- Representing an insurance company in negotiations concerning alleged violations committed during the conclusion of a share purchase deal.